Question

Looking for Playbar Remote Code? Playbar no longer responding to IR commands

• 3 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I've had the same AV setup for almost 5 years now and no issues with the playbar accepting IR commands for volume up/down/mute, but as of today, it won't accept any. Playbar recognizes the cable remote commands, but I don't use this remote normally.

I use an Xbox One with Kinect (which has an IR blaster) to control my audio and video. The Playbar is connected to the Xbox via Optical cable. The Xbox is recognizes my voice command, but either Xbox isn't sending the command (it sends every other IR command, and the TV recognizes that a volume IR command has been sent, so I doubt this is the case), or Playbar isn't receiving/reacting. Nothing has changed with respect to the location to the IR blaster or Playbar.

All I need is the Playbar's remote code to set up the Xbox to send the proper commands, but I can't seem to find this anywhere.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Whilst Playbar may have a default code it's never necessary to know it because the setup procedure trains it to whichever remote you point at it. Just teach it your codes again, using the appropriate option in room settings.
Whilst Playbar may have a default code it's never necessary to know it because the setup procedure trains it to whichever remote you point at it. Just teach it your codes again, using the appropriate option in room settings.

Thanks, but as I mentioned, Playbar is not recognizing the IR blasts. I can teach it to use my remote controlled, but it won't recognize the IR blasts from Kinect. I can manually input the code that Playbar uses so as to guarantee Playbar will recognize it. I've tried multiple times to reteach Playbar the codes but I actually never had to do this in the first place, as it accepted the codes the Xbox sends to the cable box and thus only had to teach it the cable box remote codes. I've done this several times today, no luck.

Playbar recognizes my cable box remote but not the Xbox remote. The cable box recognizes both the cable box remote AND Xbox remote.