Answered

Livingroom Music Upgrade - ARC complete 5.1 Set + third SONOS One für Music?

• 8 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

In my Livingroom I have a complete SONOS ARC 5.1 TV Setup. 

ARC, Sub Gen 3, 2 Sonos One SL.

For TV etc. the sound is fine.

But my Livingroom ist pretty wide, so when I what to hear music in the whole room, it is pretty centered around the TV Area.

Is it possible to add a third One SL Speaker on the other side of the room to support the music sound?

Or would is be better to place one of the Surround Speaker asymmetrical to the other?

Then the right surround Speaker would be 2,5 meter further away to the centered TV Position than the left one.

Thank You

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 February 2021, 15:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Have you perhaps tried setting the surrounds to “Full” playback for music audio, rather than using the default ‘Ambient’ setting in the Arc’s room options in the App "Settings/System/[Arc Room Name]/Surround Audio” to see if that assists?

Also the answer is ‘yes’ you can add further Sonos speakers to your existing Sonos setup and can ‘group’ those with your Arc room for music playback - the grouped rooms will play in sync for music audio, but note there is often a slight delay with TV audio, but again in some cases you maybe able to sync the TV audio too (particularly stereo audio) by adjusting the ‘TV dialog sync’ slider control, which you will also find in the Arc’s room settings in the App.

HI, 

thank you for the answer. 

Yes, I have already set the Surround Audio to “Full”.

If I want to add an additional Speaker to the Living Room, I have to add the Speaker to a hypothetic second Living room right?

So “Livingroom 1” is the ARC 5.1 Set and “Livingroom 2” is only the additional Speaker right?

And then Group the Rooms together right?

Thank You

HI, 

thank you for the answer. 

Yes, I have already set the Surround Audio to “Full”.

If I want to add an additional Speaker to the Living Room, I have to add the Speaker to a hypothetic second Living room right?

So “Livingroom 1” is the ARC 5.1 Set and “Livingroom 2” is only the additional Speaker right?

And then Group the Rooms together right?

Thank You

Yes that’s correct - l do that here and have the Arc, surrounds & sub setup as ‘Living Room’ and an additional Sonos ‘Move’ speaker called ‘Portable’ and I sometimes group them together for music playback - I chose the ‘Move’ so I could sometimes also use that in the Kitchen or Garden area aswell, from time to time, but it’s regular position is on it’s charger-loop in the Living Room.