Answered

Lip Sync Issue Beam 2 +Samsung Smart TV +Direct TV

• 5 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

We got our Beam 2 installed about a month ago.  We have Direct TV and a Samsung Smart TV. The lip sync is OK when we’re watching recorded programs or movies using the DVD player.  Live TV is almost always off on at least one station, sometimes on all stations.  I’ve tried rebooting everything.  Sometimes it will improve for awhile, then revert back to being way off.  We’ve had the Geek Squad out to the house and they couldn’t resolve  the problem.  They suggested that we call Direct TV and perhaps get a new Direct TV box.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  We’re getting pretty frustrated.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 February 2023, 07:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If the TV has a Digital Output Audio Format setting, make sure it is set to Pass-Through. And if the TV has an HDMI-eARC Mode setting, try setting it to OFF.

Userlevel 2

After calling Samsung and Sonos Support and having them tell me that there was nothing I could do to fix the problem, I  found a video on “You Tube” addressing the lip sync/sound bar issue.  One of the suggestions was to change the Digital Audio Out on the TV from Auto to PCM ( pulse code modulation). That change pretty much corrected the problem.  The small bit of lag was correctable using the sound settings on our TV.  I still can’t figure out why the support department don’t know that.

Userlevel 7

After calling Samsung and Sonos Support and having them tell me that there was nothing I could do to fix the problem, I  found a video on “You Tube” addressing the lip sync/sound bar issue.  One of the suggestions was to change the Digital Audio Out on the TV from Auto to PCM ( pulse code modulation). That change pretty much corrected the problem.  The small bit of lag was correctable using the sound settings on our TV.  I still can’t figure out why the support department don’t know that.

Support probably is aware of this, but it’s a last resort option. With the PCM setting, you are limited to Stereo PCM audio. You won’t get 5.1 or Dolby Atmos audio with that setting.