Answered

LG TV not playing through Beam

• 17 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I have just bought the Beam and I am having trouble getting it to work with my LG UHD TV. I've set the Beam up through the Sonos up just fine and it plays music from my phone, but I just can't get the TV audio to play through the Beam. I've used the HDMI cable that it came with and it's connected into the ARC HDMI port, I've also tested it with another HDMI cable and that didn't work. The TV Smartlink is on and I've gone into the sound settings and selected the Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC) and still nothing. I've powered everything down and back up again, still no luck. I don't know what else to try... any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 17 September 2018, 21:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
The TV Smartlink is on and I've gone into the sound settings and selected the Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC) and still nothing. I've powered everything down and back up again, still no luck. I don't know what else to try... any suggestions?

Hi richrees71

Have you followed ALL the steps to correctly setup your LG as detailed in the link. From your statement it appears you may have stopped one step too soon :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JC6N8EzNpk

Cheers!
Thanks but there doesn’t seem to be any step in that video that I have missed. What is it you think I’ve missed?
Userlevel 7
OK...then probably not. It was that you stopped your post at "selected the Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC)". There's one more step in the video to perform after making the selection (or so it appears to be). I realize that YouTube videos of that nature are generic and may not apply to every LG set.

This is the opposite of what you have done...but try turning the SmartLink Off. Then just use the LG's HDMI ARC port and settings connected to the Beam via the included HDMI cable. SmartLink ((Simplink) is not compatible with every device.

Cheers!