Answered

LG OLED65B7V 5.1 Pass through to optical

• 3 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Does anyone know if the OLED65B7V will passthrough 5.1 from my Sky Q Box to the Sonos playbar via Optical...I currently have an older LG that I use an optical switch to connect the sky box directly to the Playbar. Ideally when I buy my next TV I dont want the switch.
icon

Best answer by Skelton 3 October 2017, 21:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
As of late August 2017 LG OLD B6's on f/w ver 04.31.20. were able to pass DD to optical but still have problems with audio dropouts. This isn't resolved going via HDMI ARC either (not an option with Playbar or Soundbase, I know; simply an observation.on the current state of play) and not fixed by replacing the HDMI board.

The B7 sets are also likely to be able to pass DD, but I don't know whether or not LG have solved the drop-out issue.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
FWIW - I've never had an issue with 5.1 passthrough on my OLED65B6P, but I'm not using a Sky Q Box.

One person who reported audio drop outs said this resolved his problem:

I solved it by changing the TV's soude out from the combination "optical/HDMI" to just "optical".
Userlevel 2
I have 5.1 passthrough from an Apple TV 4K to OLED65B7P. No problems from setup to posting (about 3 months).

Sonos with the OLED65B7P is a great combination. Best picture quality I've ever seen in a TV. Great Sonos 5.1 sound using playbar, sonos sub, and a connect amp for the surrounds (since I had some nice NHT zeros already wired for surround in the room).

Really like that the Playbar band zone can play TV and music. Also like that we can group TV sound into other areas instead of blasting from one room to another.