Answered

LG magic remote Playbar mute

• 28 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi all. Followed the other instructions and threads to get the magic remote working with my optically connected playbar. It works for the volume switches but not the mute button. 

any ideas?

icon

Best answer by MLF 8 December 2020, 10:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Ericwhatever.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

If you’re still not able to control your home theater speaker fully with the LG Magic Remote, try disabling SIMPLINK for the Optical connection under Settings > Sound > Sound Out.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi, it does not work, I have a 2020 LG magic remote and a playbar. The volume works but not the mute. The simplink is disabled.

It is stranged because with an old LG magic remote from 2018 both volume and mutes work without problem. The issue is that with my new TV the magic remote from 2018 does not work properly so I have to use the new magic remote from 2020 and the mute does not work with Sonos playbar.

I do not know what to do.

Thanks.

I have the same issue.  Playbar does not recognize IR mute command if you select Sonos or Philips.  It's as though the remote is not sending the mute Command.   

Hi, any news from Sonos staff?

I have just downloaded a new software update from LG and selecting Sonos in the LG menu works perfectly both volume and mute with the 2020 LG magic remote!

Thanks.

Badge

yeah, upon LG update my mute button magically works

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Ericwhatever.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Glad it works after the update, normally if the tv software and the Sonos system are not updated the user most likely encounter a problem.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.