Question

LG CX to Arc.

• 7 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

We have an Arc connected to an LG CX and we experience occasional intermittent sound (regardless of encoding) that requires us to turn off the TV to fix.  We have the latest LG CX and Sonos software.  We are using eArc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge

This looks similar to this issue: https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/arc-tv-sound-cuts-in-and-out-6842963

Badge

Thanks for the response.  This occurs with any encoding received.  In this specific case there was no specific encoding.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thanks for the response.  This occurs with any encoding received.  In this specific case there was no specific encoding.

Hi

Does the sound completely drop and you need to power off/on TV to get sound back?

If so sounds similar to my issue with CX and ARC, sound drops when switching between sources and sometimes just randomly drops altogether after turning TV on to watch live TV.

Can you confirm if your issue is the same as me.

Cheers

Badge

Hi

Exactly.  The only way to fix is to power cycle the TV.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi

Exactly.  The only way to fix is to power cycle the TV.

Thanks for confirming, it’s annoying!

If you have not tried, I can get sound back by switching to different hdmi ports and back, turning eARC off and on, just some things that work most of the time to get sound back and save turning off TV or ARC.

Hope they fix this soon.