Question

LG C9 2019 won't link to magic remote

• 21 November 2019
  • 5 replies

My LG C9 2019 model does not currently work with the play bar - I follow the steps but the magic remote won't link to the player when asked to press the volume + button. Im hoping there will be a fix soon. Any ideas people. It is running through and optical lead and I choose optical on the LG menu then I go to Sonos app and press the volume + button pointing at the play bar but it won't connect. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Same here,

the remote is working when the tv is off, but when i turn on tv the remote is not working on sonos playbar

Did you try the advice in this link.. ?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3479

Also if you have a cable TV box attached to the TV, you could also use the remote from that instead, or possibly aswell as.

Yes Ken I did mate. That article has a different controller to mine which is the 2019 model C9. 

I haven’t a cable box attached either just through apps and a fire stick. 

hopefully will sort something soon with a workaround from Sonos unless anyone else has had any success! 
Thanks for trying though fella! 

Problem solved. Try in the settings the purple one called network. Here's the device manager. Choose a soundbar and follow through until. You select the manufacturer. Don't choose Philips!! Simy search for. Sonos and you are done :) slainte

Boom!! Legend!! 👏👏👏