latest upgrade

• 11 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey guys… this may just me being particular… but it seems since the latest upgrade that the center channel is a bit on the low volume side.  Seems I have had to turn down the surrounds and raise the volume to have it to really hear voices without being washed out.  

I have the sub/ones/arc setup.  

not a huge deal and maybe be just me… but just curious if anyone else may have noticed this.  Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

​Hi @Immersive

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. I have a couple of questions for you. Do you get the low volume on your center channel when streaming music or while watching the TV? Have you tried rebooting your TV and your Sonos devices to refresh the connection? 
To help you check why your center channel is giving you a low volume, I'll be requesting a diagnostic report submitted from your Sonos system. Please don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response to look into your system and find out the cause. We'll wait for your reply.

Let us know if you need help with any other information, we're here to assist you.

Hey guys… this may just me being particular… but it seems since the latest upgrade that the center channel is a bit on the low volume side.  Seems I have had to turn down the surrounds and raise the volume to have it to really hear voices without being washed out.  

I have the sub/ones/arc setup.  

not a huge deal and maybe be just me… but just curious if anyone else may have noticed this.  Thanks

I would agree, I noticed quite a change after the update. Center channel was very low volume, and the whole system seemed to have far more bass (too much) than before. I did a trueplay which helped, but it is still not as good as before the update. Bit of a shame really as one of the best things about the Arc is the clarity of the center sound for speech.

I also have the sub/ones/arc setup.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Dennisg,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern as well as the steps you have performed.

Let me suggest the following steps to see if it will resolve the low volume issue with your Arc.

1. Unplug the optical cable from the Sonos Arc and the TV. 
2. Unplug the power cable from your TV, the Sonos Arc, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
3. Reconnect the optical cable to your TV and the Sonos Arc. Inspect the optical cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
4. Update the TV’s software (if available)
5. Check for Sonos update - Settings > System > Check for updates.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run a diagnostic report and post here the confirmation number to check your system functionality and to further assist you with this. We'll wait for your reply.