Answered

Is Samsung M9500 best UHD player for Playbar?.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello all, my Playbar (and system) on S1 is still going great. 

We mainly stream Netflix etc over in built TV or Nvidia Shield Pro (even YouTube in 5.1).

There's a few films I'd like to own in 4k and this comes with the DTS conundrum so for me a Blueray player that downmixes to 5.1 is acceptable.

So that brings me to the Samsung M9500. Anyone on here still use one and is it.a decent player?, they goo for a big premium ove the K8500 (still UHD).

Thanks for any comments.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 June 2022, 22:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

This isn't really on your topic, but I happened to notice that all the speakers listed in your profile are S2 compatible. You may well be perfectly happy on S1 but I thought I might just mention the possibility of upgradng.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I've got a Connect ZP90 as well, quite happy on S1 and would like to stay with it as long as possible really.

I've got a Connect ZP90 as well, quite happy on S1 and would like to stay with it as long as possible really.

Perfectly reasonable decision.  Just wondered.

Userlevel 7

If you want a UHD player to re-encode DTS to Dolby Digital, you have limited options. The Samsung M9500 or K8500 are probably your two best options. If you want to save some money, go with the K8500.

The Oppo UDP-203 is another option but it is hard to find and extremely expensive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yeh I can't really justify an Oppo for the use it will get, I read they downmixed over Toslink only as well which would be a deal breaker.

I think the M9500 is best bet but just checking first!.

Cheers all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Just bought a mint condition M9500 and Top Gun 4k for testing, hopefully it all goes to plan!.