Answered

Increase volume level of 1 surround speaker

• 30 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 11 replies

Hi,

I have a Sonos setup consisting of an Arc, Sub gen 3 + 2x One SL.

My hearing in my left ear is less good than that in my right ear. So I would want to turn up to volume of the left surround speaker more compared to the right one.

I don't see an option to do that. But maybe there is. Does somebody know?

I can't physically move the left speaker closer to me to solve the issue.

I tried achieving my goal in 2 ways:

1. Not use Trueplay. Then configure the left surround at the maximum distance in the app (assuming this would cause the volume to be the loudest for it) and turn the setting for the right surround one to be closer. That didn't seem to make much difference, and I would also like to use Trueplay.
  2. I also tried using Trueplay, and after doing that turn Trueplay off for a second, and then configure the left + right surround as I did under number 1 above. After that turn Trueplay back on. That also didn't help.

What I am looking for is just volume sliders per surround speaker - then I could just put the left one to +3 for example while keeping the right one at 0.

Cheers,

Jaap

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 30 October 2022, 17:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Could you not just move one speaker much closer to you?

I suppose room layout and availability of power sockets might make this impracticable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

My hearing in my left ear is less good than that in my right ear. So I would want to turn up to volume of the left surround speaker more compared to the right one.

What I am looking for is just volume sliders per surround speaker - then I could just put the left one to +3 for example while keeping the right one at 0.

Cheers,

Jaap

This has been asked for, many times. So far, Sonos has not delivered such a feature. 

Badge

I suppose room layout and availability of power sockets might make this impracticable. 

Yeah, unfortunately not an option for me.

Hi,

Cheers,

Jaap

This has been asked for, many times. So far, Sonos has not delivered such a feature. 

Ok, that is too bad to hear - hope this one more post will make a difference ;-) You would think it should be easy enough to implement :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yeah, unfortunately not an option for me.

Hi,

Cheers,

Jaap

Ok, that is too bad to hear - hope this one more post will make a difference ;-) You would think it should be easy enough to implement :-)

How about it, Sonos? Can we have individual speaker/channel volume controls, please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Jaap7 I guess you’ve used Trueplay and that’s why you can’t affect the balance? Try re-doing the tune, but hold your phone very close to the right speaker when doing the initial left/right sound balance. That should force Trueplay to boost the level from left speaker to compensate. No promises, but may be worth a try. 

Badge

Hi @nik9669a - thank you for the suggestion. I tried that, but the difference isn’t very obvious.

So it would still be nice if Sonos can implement a volume level for each individual surround speaker (just like there is for the SUB & Height channel for instance).