Answered

In an unintended fashion, how would a Sonos home theatre setup do for gaming?

• 12 February 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Yes, I know, a Playbar isn't really intended for gaming. The best use case would be console gaming, and for an overkill option, PC gaming via optical.

If anyone has played games - most importantly, FPS games - how does a surround sound Sonos system do with enemy auditory positioning? Is it easier to hear enemies behind you? Lastly, would it give a better, more immersive experience than headphones considering the speakers are physically behind you?

Just very curious. Because if I ever buy a Playbar for my TV I might (for the bants lol) play PC games through it too.
icon

Best answer by nifoxke 12 February 2018, 18:00

I haven't experienced much success with hearing footsteps, etc. in WWII on my PS4. Maybe it would be better if I turned everything up louder but at a casual audio level you can't hear those sounds specifically. I have a much better time hearing those noises with my Sony Gold headphones with the simulated 7.1.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I haven't experienced much success with hearing footsteps, etc. in WWII on my PS4. Maybe it would be better if I turned everything up louder but at a casual audio level you can't hear those sounds specifically. I have a much better time hearing those noises with my Sony Gold headphones with the simulated 7.1.
Userlevel 4

Thanks for the reply! I always thought headphones were the ultimate way to play games. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thanks for the reply! I always thought headphones were the ultimate way to play games. :)

This year is the first time using them in my many years of gaming. Well worth it! Especially when chatting with friends.