How to hook Sonos Connect with Denon AVR-3312

• 9 December 2015
  • 6 replies

Hi,

Just got a Sonos Connect, attempting to hook it with Denon AVR-3312, to play Sonos music to those speakers (Sonance) wired to Denon AVR.
I ordered the digital optical audio cable and need some help as to how to hook the cable between Sonos Connect and Denon AVR using the digital optical audio cable or RCA cables.

Thanks so much,

Jay

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

Just got a Sonos Connect, attempting to hook it with Denon AVR-3312, to play Sonos music to those speakers (Sonance) wired to Denon AVR.
I ordered the digital optical audio cable and need some help as to how to hook the cable between Sonos Connect and Denon AVR using the digital optical audio cable or RCA cables.

Thanks so much,

Jay

Hi Jay,

You can connect an optical cable from the CONNECT's output and run it into an input on your Denon receiver. This would allow you to play music through your Denon using the Sonos controller. On the Denon there should be a specific input for the optical connection. With this input selected the Denon system will play any music coming from your CONNECT.

The CONNECT also has RCA outputs if you are already using the Denon's optical connection.

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues getting things set up.
Connecting audio from Connect to Denon is pretty straight forward. The issue is feeding audio back to the connect. There is no audio signal out and you've got to remember that Denon isolates digital audio signals from analog audio signals. Is there a way to come out of a HDMI connection and just tap the audio signal? Please help. I'd like to be able to play components connected to the Denon using a digital audio signal to other rooms on the network.
The solution is to go to setup, input, select the right one , then set up ur connection mode. i mean optical, rca etc..
I have a new AVR and have a related questions. For Sonos music playback from a Sonos Connect to an AVR receiver that has hard wired speakers; is one of the three audio out options available on the CONNECT (RCA jacks, coaxial digital, or toslink digital) a better choice for sound quality? My AVR will accept any of the three.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
TOS, highest quality and electrical isolation. Coax has the same quality but no isolation. RCA is pretty good but again no isolation.
You chose not to post different information in this thread, rather than his same question in another thread? How droll...

😉