Answered

How to connect new beam to our existing play 3 speakers in same room

• 22 July 2018
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies
Just bought the new beam and not sure how and if we connect this to our existing 3 speakers, seem to have missed those instructions, Beam connected to TV and working fine, but no sound from the play 3s
icon

Best answer by ratty 22 July 2018, 14:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Settings/Room Settings/(Beam room)/Add Surrounds
many thanks will try this now
Got that to work, thanks, for music. Now another further question, beam connected to TV and all good, but i assume it is not possible to connect the 2 play 3s to beam and have Tv come through the play 3s as well. Pushing my luck here. Would Play 1 resolve this problem?
The Play:3 surrounds will be working for TV as well, but you might not hear much from them on a lot of programme content. With a stereo or DD2.0 broadcast there's little ambient information to send to the back channels. Try some DD5.1 content.
Ratty, ok getting some of this. But I must admit to you I am a beginner to all this - how do I try some DD5.1 content, what is this and where and how do I find it ?:8, Thanks for your gudiance
DD5.1 = Dolby Digital 5.1. If you have a smart TV or, say, an Amazon FireTV or Chromecast, much of the online content should be in 5.1. Some cable/satellite channels will be 5.1. Some terrestrial HD channels may be in 5.1 too.

You can inspect what audio the Beam is actually receiving by looking in Settings/About My Sonos System.
Got it, will do that. We have a smart TV and access to Netflix and Chromecast . Will check this out as you instructed and got the DD now. Thanks so much for great help. All good for today;)