Answered

How do I connect my magic remote for LG OLED 55B7V to Sonos Playbar?

Hi,
I have connected sonos and it works from the app for music easily, I have tried setting the magic remote but it won’t see the signal from the controller. I’ve changed the Simplink to off, set audio out Opitcal lead and stil remote won’t sync with sonos. I do get sound from the tv through my Playbar but still can use remote to turn volume up or down.
I understand sonos looks for an infra red signal but the magic controller isn’t infra-red, old magic controllers appear to be able to set up for sonos, how do you do the same for the latest magic?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 May 2018, 04:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3479
Hi Airgetlam, I have seen that post before however I have the 2017 magic remote (LG AN-MR650A Magic Remote Control) which looks and works differently, any ideas?

Hi, I have the same remote and have not yet managed to connect the Sonos Playbar. There is never even a choice of manufacturer on my TV. Have you found a solution yet?
I don't think the look makes any difference, the setup should be the same. From what I've read, what you're doing is telling the remote to "forget the bluetooth" and "only use IR", which is what that link explains.
I never come to the step of picking manufacturer. A bar that says done comes up before that.
Since I don't own one of these, it's really hard for me to troubleshoot for you. At this point, I would recommend that you contact Sonos to discuss it.

They'll likely have a much greater understanding of the process than I do.
Yes, they were at a loss and suggested I should try to contact LG instead. LG have replied that they are looking at it.
Yes, they were at a loss and suggested I should try to contact LG instead. LG have replied that they are looking at it.

Crossposted but please do let us know of your outcome - There are a lot of us in the same situation 🙂

Thanks
Hi, you need to change your country setting to UK or in my case Sweden. The use of the universal remote is blocked for some regions.
Hi, you need to change your country setting to UK or in my case Sweden. The use of the universal remote is blocked for some regions.

Genius 🙂 This is what I thought.

Thing is, I've tried to do it through the menu but the only options I had was Israel or Others and still no good.

I've been looking at how to get to Service Menu to force a different country. If you have any resources on how to do it please share.

Thanks !
Don’t remember where I found the info but try this: https://support.unlocator.com/article/83-how-to-change-region-on-a-lg-smart-tv

Genius 🙂 This is what I thought.

Thing is, I've tried to do it through the menu but the only options I had was Israel or Others and still no good.

I've been looking at how to get to Service Menu to force a different country. If you have any resources on how to do it please share.

Thanks !

let me start by saying I have 2 playbars
and 2 LG OLED TVs ( 55B6 , 65B7 )
this work around will work better for the B6 then the B7
(the B7 has a weird problem that once you change the country to the US voice assistant turns on and you cant turn it off
or at lest I have not found a way to yet so it can get annoying )
this is not a problem with the LG OLED B6

lets start
1. the universal remote is locked in some regions like Israel and some other regions
so the first this you will need to do is change the TV region to US or UK ( I like US as i like Hulu )
to change the TV region you will need to get in to the TV's secret service menu
to do that you will need one of this 2 things 1 a old LG remote that still haves the EZ-Adjust button or
a harmony remote
if you have a harmony remote you will need to set it up to a old LG remote mode LG 47LE5300-UC
that way you will have the EZ-Adjust button to get in to the secret menu
please before changing Region please
TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR CURENT SEETING SO IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK YOU CAN
EZ-Adjust (secret menu) Password: 0413
Region Codes:USA: 1793
link on how to setup harmony remote and change regions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U87VZ1dyLo

2. now that your TV region is set you the US the universal remote is unlocked
1.On the magic remote, press Home and then select Device Connector.
2.Select Soundbar and then the TV port you used to connect the Soundbar, Optical in this case click Next.
3.Select manufacturer Philips click Next .
4.Select Remote Type 4 and click Next.
5.Select Done.

now your remote will control the volume of your SONOS PlayBar.

Hope this helps