Answered

How do I connect Beam to non Sonos sub?

• 2 January 2020
  • 4 replies

How do I connect  my Beam to my home system sub that is currently part of my overall home system through a Sonos connect amp but is a non Sonos sub?

icon

Best answer by BMF 2 January 2020, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi Testing1

The Beam will only bond (connect) with a Sonos sub.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You “could” group the Sonos Amp with the Beam, but it will only add bass to the Beam beam left and right.

when a Sonos Sub is set up with a beam it is there for the x.1 Low Frequency Effects as well as extra bass.

I can’t imagine it would be great to group them and you would also have the issue of then the sound coming out of the Amp speakers as well as the Beam and Sub…. but it might be worth a try. It will certainly not be an optimal set up though.

You “could” group the Sonos Amp with the Beam, but it will only add bass to the Beam beam left and right.

when a Sonos Sub is set up with a beam it is there for the x.1 Low Frequency Effects as well as extra bass.

I can’t imagine it would be great to group them and you would also have the issue of then the sound coming out of the Amp speakers as well as the Beam and Sub…. but it might be worth a try. It will certainly not be an optimal set up though.

This would work as you describe for music sources, but for TV sources, your bass playing though the Amp is going ti be delayed slightly, creating an echo effect.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

This would work as you describe for music sources, but for TV sources, your bass playing though the Amp is going ti be delayed slightly, creating an echo effect.

True, I don’t think it’s great solution…. would technically work but not be practical at all.