Best answer by TBonePickenzView original
How can I configure LG Magic remote with Sonos playbar. TV Model: 55LM7600
Tried all options but it doesn't work. Suggestions given on this thread are not applicable as those options don't show up on my TV: http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=37555.. Very frustrating 😞
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
Log in or register to reply
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
OLED55B6V – SONOS Playbar
I had issue to follow the instructions when configuring the OLED55B6V, but then I discovered that you need to have the SONOS app on your Ipdad active to detect the remote AT THE SAME TIME you are setting it up on your TV
This worked (with my swedish setup TV even though I copied and pasted in english below).
1. Add Philips soundbar and remote #4 in the the device connector screen.
2. The TV will then load the remote settings and show three "virtual remote buttons" on the screen (Power, Volume + and Mute). Don’t close his screen.
3. => OPEN THE SONOS APP (e.g. on your Ipad), at the same time as you have virtual remote buttons screen open on your TV
4. SONOS App: Select settings / room / TV setup & control
5. SONOS App: Select remote control setup / replace current remote
6. You will be asked to click the "Volume +" button on your remote. USING YOUR LG MAGIC REMOTE click the "Volume +" icon on the TV screen (do not click the actual "Volume +" button on the remote). If you're successful, the Sonos app will say that it recognized the remote.
I guess the reason SONOS, LG and the people in the shop is saying that it will not work is that they don’t want to take responsibility to support all related questions to get it working as the procedure is quite difficult.
This helped a lot, and my dad is now finally happy.
Worked perfectly! Thanks for the suggestion.
The method does work to a degree. However, the sensitivity/reception on the AppleTV remote controlling the Playbar's volume is much worse. It is as if the LG remote goes into a sleep mode. If I put both remotes down for a bit, then try to use the AppleTV remote for volume, it will not work. I just need to pick up the LG remote...literally, don't even have to use it...and then the AppleTV volume control works again for everything including volume.
Settings -> General -> Location -> Broadcast country. I had no country selected, so I selected Denmark (where I live). I am not sure why, but this somehow changes the TV settings and suddenly I was able to access the "universal control" menu. From there I could set up a sound bar and choose the manufacturer. I followed these instructions https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/playbar-with-lg-magic-remote-37555/index1.html#post234277 and it worked! Vol+ Vol- and mute!
And I would add something for the sound quality: go the settings -> sound and make sure that the selected sound output is "Auto" and not "PCM", if you want the soundbar to receive a Dolby Digital 5.1 input (when the content offers it of course). Mine was set to PCM by default, which means that the only sound i got on the soundbar was stereo, no matter the content.
Thank you so much everyone for helping out on this. Thanks to you and a bit of persistence, I finally managed!
One thing I find strange though: on one side LG customer support claims they don't support SONOS soundbars and there is no solution, and on the other side SONOS claims that the only way to change the volume on an LG TV with magic remote is from the phone app. How come they don't tell us there is a workaround? Is there a catch? :-)
My virgin remote volume controls the playbar
But now got new LG TV and magic remote.
can I also get my LG Magic remote to control volume of Playbar as well.
I finally got it to work using a collection of Internet tips and customer support clues on my EF9500 hooked up to a Sonos playbar/ 5.1 system.
1) click the home button on your magic remote and scroll along the bottom (where Netflix, etc is) until you get to a purple icon "device connector"
2) select soundbar and pick the Phillips brand and select remote type 4
3) Select done
1) Open the Sonos app on your iPad or phone
2) select the gear icon "settings"
3) select the room your system is in
4) select TV setup and control
5) select remote control set up and follow the prompts using your "Phillips" magic remote
You are done!
Thanks this worked for me. with a couple of small points 1: I don't think it matters which you choose as long as you choose one. 2: after going to the room setup/remote on the App. I had to start over and choose another remote as it was defaulting to my cable remote. It picked up the IR from the Magic remote just fine. that remote has BOTH IR and RF. I guess that's why its called magic.