Answered

Hiding Playbar in a faux fireplace mantle.

• 27 January 2020
  • 4 replies

The mantle inside dimensions are 5"h x 71"w x 6"deep.  I may try to hide a cable box in here too.  My questions are:

1). I can lay the Playbar on it's back, with the mount holes on the bottom?

2) will I still be able to exprience nearly the same quality of audio with this covered by a speaker foam across the face of the mantle?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 February 2020, 23:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi, @thomas2z. Welcome to the community. I’m sorry for the slow follow up on your question.  You are welcome to try this orientation/setup for your Playbar. If you have the Playbar laying down to have access to the ports for connecting the power and optical cables you may impede the IR sensors on your Playbar. Also, you will very likely run into audio issues having the Playbar in a more confined space, as well as having a foam speaker cover for your mantel opening. If you have an iOS device running the Sonos app you can try Trueplay as way to compensate for that but I have no guarantees on how effective it may be for your setup. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Hi Sonos Community,

Long time listener, first time caller!

Can anyone advise what the minimum distance an Arc must be mounted above a gas heater fireplace?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Sam E123.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

It’s nice to know that you’ve been a long time listener, let me help and provide references for your query.

I checked wall mount guidelines for Arc, but there’s no specific measurement it requires particularly if above the fireplace.

It says under Important Safety Information though that it’s not advisable to install near any heat sources or other apparatus that produce heat.

Arc can support an operating temperature range of 32-104 degrees Fahrenheit, with a storage temperature of -4-122 degrees Fahrenheit.

In general, when I search on the website, a minimum of 1-meter clearance from clothes, bedding, furniture, curtains, and other combustibles is recommended.

It looks like it really still depends on the environment, like if the fireplace has a mantle barrier for heat, will it be used or not, etc.

For further specifications, here is the link for Arc Product Manual.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

I am looking at purchasing a Sonos Arc but it will sit above an ethanol fireplace which is inset, but there is mild heat that comes off it.  Our TV’s have been above Fireplace without too much issue.

I am wondering if this is okay and if there is anything I should consider before purchasing?