Answered

Harmony Ultimate Remote stopped controlling volume on my soundbar

• 18 April 2017
  • 39 replies

Badge
Hi Support community, my Harmony Ultimate Remote stopped controlling volume on my SONOS soundbar within the last month. Environmentally nothing has changed. Same wi-fi, same tv same tv service, etc. I have disconnected the Harmony hub and reset it, I have done the same for the remote, nothing. I even have one of the Harmony sensors right underneath the soundbar IR (not sure if it is necessary or not but I found it working best this way since I don't always have the remote facing the IR - may be in a different room). Remote controls the TV and the DirecTv box with no problem. What to do?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 20 April 2018, 02:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I found out that when i reboot my hub, it works very good again. For a while..........
Also having the same issue. Login in with app and there was an update however still doesn’t work
And same here, using Harmony Elite with hub. Tried the full wipe as well as rebooting the hub and Sonos, re-installed Sonos from scratch. Nothing seems to help. Last updates installed. When the volume worked, it was only very slowly and in incremental stages. Seems the remote sends a +1 volume blip every 4/5 seconds. Can control the volume using the Sonos app, but prefer it to work on my Logitech device.
So I updated my firmware on sound bar and now it works again.
volume back to almost un-usible again.
It worked pretty good (not perfect, but usable) this morning.

yeah the volume works perfectly for a little bit but then it always seems to fail back to what #monoverb said....
Tried the full wipe as well as rebooting the hub and Sonos, and even re-installed Sonos from scratch..nothing seems to help. I guess I'll have to wait for a Harmony update to hit my hub. Incidentally, the volume does work, only very slowly and in incremental stages - the remote seems to send a +1 volume blip every 4/5 seconds or so. Truly maddening.. i've spend the last 3 hours trying to make it work..not the idea Sunday morning by any stretch. Luckily this is not GP race weekend.

At least I know i'm not the only one. Just hoping they fix is soon. In the meantime, i just keep the sonos app open on my phone and when I need to adjust the volume, just use your volume keys on your phone to adjust. I know its still lame, but its a band-aid in the meantime.
Userlevel 2
New message today in Logitech website:

We are closer to a resolution, stay tuned for more information.
Having same issue since last sonos update.
Yep, I'm having the same issue as well. Started a couple weeks ago like most. All the same attempts are only temporary. Hopefully a fix comes soon!
Frustrating.... My volume is also not working. I have done two complete system reinstallations.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00007Vv0XE/harmony-hubbased-remotes-service-interruption-and-lag?s1oid=00Di0000000j2Ck&OpenCommentForEdit=1&s1nid=0DB31000000Go9U&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&s1uid=00531000006szSd&emtm=1525585721788&fromEmail=1&s1ext=0

Still a hot topic on the logitech forum
Hi, I have a Harmony 650, Playbase and Play 1's. Trying unsuccessfully to get volume and channel controls on my Harmony remote, which I had before I updated my PVR/DVR. System opens and closes fine with the remote, so signals are getting there it would seem? Sorry if this is a silly question, I am a bit of a tech newbie, so be kind. 🙂 It seems this new software for the Harmony with the fix is not for the 650?
I’d certainly try updating the firmware on the Harmony remote, if that’s possible.
Hi, I have a Harmony 650, Playbase and Play 1's. Trying unsuccessfully to get volume and channel controls on my Harmony remote, which I had before I updated my PVR/DVR. System opens and closes fine with the remote, so signals are getting there it would seem? Sorry if this is a silly question, I am a bit of a tech newbie, so be kind. 🙂 It seems this new software for the Harmony with the fix is not for the 650?

Looking at the Harmony App, there are three separate screens for the Sonos speakers... you perhaps need to move along to the next screens on your remote to see the controls you are looking for. I don’t have the 650 remote, but presume it’s something to do with the buttons below the screen area that changes the view to the next display screen. See the attached screenshots from the Harmony App.
Fixed this issue from the ipad app after trying everything, it was one last resort before deleting and readding. Add/edit devices-devices-sonos-refresh fixed it