Answered

Extendable wall mount for Arc is bending.

• 22 February 2021
  • 3 replies

After a couple months of being up, a gap has developed where the speaker meets the wall mount. It used to be a tight seam but now when the the speaker is pushed back into the mount there is a gap as the the weight of the speaker seems to be bending it down. It still extends and retracts without issue but the gap is really annoying. Has anyone experienced this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 February 2021, 00:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Who makes this extendable wall mount? Is there any chance you could post a picture of the issue?

I have the Sanus extendable wall mount purchased from the Sonos website. 

These photos show the view from above. One is when I lift up a little on the speaker and that’s how it used to be. The other photo shows the gap that exists now as it pulls down. Here is a super short video showing what is happening.

Since Sanus made that device, have you contacted them? Sonos would just be a reseller in this case, I don’t think they’d have any engineering knowledge about this. 

Thank you for the pictures and video, it does help understand the issue more clearly. 

But let’s see if others who purchased this same mount respond to your request. Unfortunately, I didn’t, so my ability to help is somewhat lacking.