Answered

DTS 5.1 through Dobly Digital Live with NUC and Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro issue with rear surrounds.

• 13 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi guys,

I need your help with my setup here. I have an Intel NUC and an USB sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro) to have a optical SPDIF output to connect my Playbar who have a sub and two Play:3 as surrounds.

I have the Dolby Digital Live function enabled.

A sound test file in MPEG AAC Audio 6 channels work great but when I play a DTS Audio files and others movies general movie with 6 channels audio, the sound is like a stereo converted to 5.1 (I only have a little sound on the rear surrounds who is a mix of all).

One time only I successfully heard a movie with the full audio 5.1 capability.
Was it a bug? Because after a restart the same movie didn't as excepted :(
I remember disabling Sound Blaster enhancements to get it to work but as Dolby Digital Live is part of it it's suppose to stop working. And now it is not working at all when I disable enhancements.

It drive me crazy ah ah. I now it can work because I had it work for 1 time but I can't understand how :/

Maybe some of you use the same settings as me and can help ?

Thank you guys!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 19 October 2018, 19:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi guys,

I need your help with my setup here. I have an Intel NUC and an USB sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro) to have a optical SPDIF output to connect my Playbar who have a sub and two Play:3 as surrounds.

I have the Dolby Digital Live function enabled.

A sound test file in MPEG AAC Audio 6 channels work great but when I play a DTS Audio files and others movies general movie with 6 channels audio, the sound is like a stereo converted to 5.1 (I only have a little sound on the rear surrounds who is a mix of all).

One time only I successfully heard a movie with the full audio 5.1 capability.
Was it a bug? Because after a restart the same movie didn't as excepted :(
I remember disabling Sound Blaster enhancements to get it to work but as Dolby Digital Live is part of it it's suppose to stop working. And now it is not working at all when I disable enhancements.

It drive me crazy ah ah. I now it can work because I had it work for 1 time but I can't understand how :/

Maybe some of you use the same settings as me and can help ?

Thank you guys!

Hi AcidBurnBE,

If you send in a diagnostic report while playing audio, then reply with the confirmation number I can check to see what type of signal your Sonos speaker is receiving. It sounds like your Sound Blaster is not outputting Dolby Digital, and is converting your DTS files into stereo for Sonos. Take a look through the sound card's settings to see if you can set it up to output Dolby Digital instead.