Answered

double sonos tv soundbar hack?

• 27 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I am mounting a frame/art tv above the mantle and I don’t want to look at a speaker beneath it, I’d like to have two matching sonos speakers on the right and left.  

I already have one beam, i love the shape of it.  Ideally I’d like to know if it’s possible to connect two sound Beam bars to one television to create right and left channels.  If not, can two beam speakers connect to make *balanced* sound on the right and left of the tv, connected with a split optical cable (or other solution?). I know I can *add* Sonos speakers to the tv if one is hardwired, but I want them both to be connected to the tv automatically.  

I have read mixed reviews on connecting the speakers to the tv with HDMI cable. Either way if the two are hardwired to the tv, a splitter would be needed (I assume?)

I don’t want a middle channel/speaker as I don’t have anywhere to put it.  An amp or woofer would be fine if that’s absolutely necessary.

Thanks for your help and ideas!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 November 2021, 23:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

The Beam cannot be used this way. Your best option is to just wall mount one Beam or Arc under the TV or get a Sonos Amp and connect it to a pair of in-wall speakers installed on either side of the TV.