Answered

Dolby Atmos on ERA 300 surround speakers working?

• 5 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello to all,

I have a Beam Gen2 + SUb Mini

I use the system for music + home theater

I use Amazon Fire Stick 4 Ultra HD that it seems should give DOlby Atmos (on “sound diagnostic”) but:

• I get the badge “Dolby Atmos” on some Disney+ movies
  • Don’t get the badge “Dolby Atmos” badge on Netflix and Prime movies (same title has the badge on other account)

So, i played a movie in Disney+ with “Dolby Atmos” badge….and can’t feel it...is there a way I can check that the sound is effectively “Dolby Atmos”???

Sonos diagnostic : 353337923

Please help!

My TV supports DOlby Atmos….

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 April 2023, 22:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

You need a premium Netflix subscription to get Dolby Atmos audio. If you do have a premium subscription, test the film Don’t Look Up.

Prime Video doesn’t have many options in Dolby Atmos. But try testing the film The Tomorrow War.

Look on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app. If you see the Dolby Atmos badge, you are getting Dolby Atmos audio:

• I get the badge “Dolby Atmos” on some Disney+ movies
  • Don’t get the badge “Dolby Atmos” badge on Netflix and Prime movies (same title has the badge on other account)

The same Title may or may not be available in the same same audio formats with with different service, even if you have the premium version of the service that provides atmos.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

You need a premium Netflix subscription to get Dolby Atmos audio. If you do have a premium subscription, test the film Don’t Look Up.

Prime Video doesn’t have many options in Dolby Atmos. But try testing the film The Tomorrow War.

Look on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app. If you see the Dolby Atmos badge, you are getting Dolby Atmos audio:

Hello,

thanks for the reply:

I have Netflix Premium!

Tv output audio is enabled on ARC.

WHen looking at “Now playing” i can see:

TV STEREO PCM (not “Dolby Atmos” as in picture).

I have found out that if I disconnect the HDMI cable from the ARC port on the TV I get the TV speakers ON and both TV and Movies show me “Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos” badge.

I also try to change the HDMI cable but I still loose the “DolbY Atmos” badge and audio as soon is connected to SonoS.

Any other suggestion?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Check the output settings on your TV. Try to select passthrough or something similar.

What TV Make/Model is it - does it support audio passthrough for digital sound out and is the Fire TV connected HDMI port ‘input audio format’ set to use ‘bitstream’, rather than PCM audio?

Userlevel 7

@flybyme Set the TV to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream
Digital Sound Output: Pass Through
eARC Support: On

Then test The Tomorrow War on Prime Video and Don’t Look Up on Netflix and let us know what audio format is displayed in the Sonos app for each movie.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

What TV Make/Model is it - does it support audio passthrough for digital sound out and is the Fire TV connected HDMI port ‘input audio format’ set to use ‘bitstream’, rather than PCM audio?

It’s a LG EVO G1 55”….

I followed you instruction more carefully on the TV:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream
Digital Sound Output: Pass Through
eARC Support: On

Now It Works!!!

I get it on the SonoS app also!!!

The DOlby Atmos I get it on the “NEtflix” app of the TV and not on the app of the Amazon Fire tv...even though it s a 4K Ultra HD one.

So, I ordered the latest one from Amazon: 4K MAX...and I’ll see if it was the sick issue to cause the problem.

Thanks a lot to all!!!!

You are fabulous!!!🤗