Answered

Dolby Atmos

• 19 November 2022
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Today i bought the Arc.

I have an LG TV with earc. (It says Arc)

I set the tv settings Earc - on and digital - pass trough.

When i start a movie on Disney the tv shows dolby vision. The sonos app shows dolby atmos.

When i start the same movie without the Arc i can enable dolby atmos on the tv speakers and the tv shows dolby atmos.

Is the arc playing dolby atmos or just dolby vision?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 November 2022, 22:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

If you are playing a Dolby Atmos source and the Sonos app is displaying Dolby Atmos, then you are getting Dolby Atmos audio from the Arc.

FYI… Dolby Vision is Dolby’s version of HDR which is related to video not audio.

If you are playing a Dolby Atmos source and the Sonos app is displaying Dolby Atmos, then you are getting Dolby Atmos audio from the Arc.

FYI… Dolby Vision is Dolby’s version of HDR which is related to video not audio.

Thanks for the fast answer. So it is playing dolby atmos.

i dont understand youre last sentence..

The video is playing in 4k ultra hd not HDR. Without the arc it shows dolby digital and dolby atmos in the right upper corner of the tv.

With the arc it shows only dolby digital in the right upper corner of the tv. (Dolby atmos in the app)

Why is that?

HDR is High Dynamic Range, a feature of 4K Ultra HD video.  There are a few types of HDR, such as HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision.  The TV displaying Dolby Vision has no bearing on whether the Sonos is playing Dolby Atmos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It seems your question is if there’s something wrong when you notice the TV seems to revert to showing Dolby Digital instead of Dolby Atmos on the screen when it is not playing audio itself but is playing via the Arc.

There is nothing wrong. The TV is passing through the DD+ stream and (trust the Sonos app) Sonos is playing Atmos. All is well.

Thank you all. The sound is amazing!!