Question

Directv + Sonos - Sound keeps dropping out

• 20 September 2017
  • 7 replies

I have had Directv for 20 years and added Sonos 2 years ago. I have an ATT router (Arris NVG599) that I upgraded to after the original router was on Sonos incompatible list. When watching tv I periodically have the sonos sound system drop off so there is no sound. Sometimes this is for a few seconds, sometimes for longer periods where I have to raise & lower the volume on the remote before Sonos kicks back in. Sonos was not any help when I originally contacted them over a year ago. It was blamed on Directv, but they have no answers for it either. The wifi is hardset to channel 11. Any other suggestions?

Running the latest OS and just uploaded diagnostic 7863914.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi michaelh555 and welcome to the community. I reviewed your diagnostic and it looks like you're running into an issue that is being tracked in another thread. I've flagged your system for the beta build that should resolve the audio drops on your PLAYBAR when watching TV. Please let us know if that does or does not help.
Thanks Andy!. I had seen that string - will the beta be pushed automatically or do I need to sign up for the beta program? Will I get notification when/if its pushed? Thanks again...
If I can step in for Andy, in order to get that beta, you should post a diagnostic in the thread he linked. At some point, they'll be pushing it out to everyone, but none of us in the public know when that will be, and I'd bet you'd prefer not to wait. 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
My apologies, I forgot to include in my previous post that you should see an update for your system at this time. Please run that update.

For anyone else coming across this thread, please post your diagnostic in the other thread if you believe you're also having this issue.
Thanks Andy. Its applied. Will monitor and reply back....
Hi Sonos,

Overdue on replying back but wanted to let you know there have not been any issues after the patch was applied. No noticeable drops in sound. THANK YOU after 2 years!.

Can someone confirm the patch is in the SONOS upgrade that is currently waiting to be applied that I saw this morning.

THanks
Yes, Ryan S said that the 7.4.1 patch for PLAYBARs was in the 8.0 release, in one of his many posts this morning.