Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 2
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

Hi everyone, as of now, the fix for this issue has been added to the Sonos version 8.0 software. Please check for updates and you'll get our newest software, and new app. For more details on Sonos 8.0 check out our post here.

Thank you, everyone for testing out this in beta and helping get this all sorted out. We appreciate your patience and for working with us on this one. Have a great day, and enjoy some music! :)

View original
This topic has been closed for comments

1877 replies

Userlevel 2
It seems I am not the only one commenting that their playbar no longer outputs sound when switching to certain channels on their TV. I have the same issue but when I change the source to PCM from Dolby Digital it starts working immediately. I've submitted diagnostics for anyone clever enough to examine 7747073. It started happening after a software &a firmware update yesterday. Thanks.
Badge
Well, I have exactly the same problem. Just updated the software and no sound whatsoever. But on netflix, it takes 60 seconds for the sound to start working!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
This happened to my Playbar last night diagnostic 7745982. Immediately after updating the software the sound on the Playbar is no longer working via Sky or via the internal TV apps such as Netflix. The fault is with the Playbar as the internal TV speakers are working fine. I have checked the optical lead is secure and turned the mains on the Playbar on and off tonight avail. The sonos iOS controller is showing Pause Burst or Silent. If you turn thePlsybar sound up very very high the sound comes back on again but as soon as you change TV channel the sound goes off again.
I have sent a technical request to Sonos.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi I have the same problem too. After software version 7.4. Talk to the technical support from sonos they said it's the source from the tv which I hardly believe. But went I turn off the sub n surround the audio is back ON.
I seem to be joining this club too. I have reported the issue and it seems to be a software bug. Try taking speech enhancement off. This altered mine from completely not working to a 5 second delay before kicking in. However, i have a feeling this may also be tempramental and may not actually work in the long run. Hopefully they will issue a fix soon.

Do any of you have an update or anything?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Did you turn off an on the Playbar and sub and surrounds?
Thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Nope just turn off the sub n surround.
@ Sinjin - do you mean de power everything and try? Sonos doesn't really have an on off function. Has someone tried a full power down of their system / reconfiguration?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Haveybal
Said that if you turn off/ on the sub and surrounds st the mains then it fixes the problem
I am at work so will not be able to try this until tonight
Let me know if it works
Thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Did power down the whole system but didn't Change a bit. What I, meant was from the iOS app under advance settings there is a slider to switch off n ON the sub n surround if you have any. Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Great I understand now
Will try tonight
Thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
But this is only a temporarily solution. Went u change source on the tv u will get the same thing. Hopefully sonos will do something abt it.
So power down doesn't improve the problem. I am down to a 3 second delay before sound kicks in on average. However, i have had longer spells of waiting. Does anyone else notice the slight clicking sound coming from the surrounds (if you have them) when it does not play? Best thing i have found so far is to turn speech enhancement off.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Yes I noticed the clicking sounds from the surrounds
Try turning off the sub and surrounds and then back on from the iOS or Android controller
Will try that when i am back home
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Sonos need to sort this out as it's clearly a fault with the new software upgrade
Thanks
I also got this problem. and this wasn't there before the update. If i change the TV sound settings from sending out multie channel to stereo the i got sound. But this isn't a solution i didn't buy sonos 5.1 setup to only have stereo sound. So what's changed during the update and when will this befixed of can i downgrade.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Yes I heard that clicking sound from the surround too. Went u hear that it show there is NO audio source.
I apologise unreservedly for my earlier scepticism. This really does look like an unprecedented and enormous cock up by Sonos
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi, Everyone.

We are actively looking into this, and we appreciate your help.
If your Sonos PLAYBAR is experiencing audio drops and (or) no sound when watching TV please provide us with the following information.

• Whats the make/model of your TV?
  • Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network?
  • Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box?
  • Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix?

Also, if you haven't already. Add a diagnostic number in your reply.
Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic

Once we have more information we'll keep you posted.

Thanks.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi Max p
My tv is LG/ Model UF680T smart tv. My playbar is wired to the router & wired to the tv. Yes my playbar is experiencing issue on YouTube TV app after installing version 7.4. My diagnosis number is 7748033
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
And also certain local sources that was mention in this treat. There is no sound at all. Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi
My TVs are the Samsung Ks7000 & Ks8000 I have 2 set ups.
My Playbar is connected via a Boost set up
My Playbar is connected direct to the Tv via toslink
I have no sound via internal TVs apps e.g. Netflix
Diagnostic number 7745982
Hi
Tv philips 42PFL600H/12
my playbar is connected to the router
playbar direct to te tv optical
kpn box DVR aris vip 2952 via hdmi to tv

issues are chanels from dvr that are in stereo and not in dolby. passed by tv on settings send out multi channels audio.
one of the surround play 1 boxes then makes a tikking sound

diagnosische informatie 7745958
Incident: 170822-001946
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Max P my 2 play 1s make a ticking sound also when the TVs sound is not playing via the Playbar