Answered

connect epson LS11000 to Arc via eARC output

• 19 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I've read everything I can find re my question but am still unsure of what is possible.  I want to buy an Epson LS11000 cinema projector that has an eARC port and connect it to my Sonos Arc and use Apple TV4k as my streaming device.  Is that possible or do I need to buy a splitter such as the HDFury Arcana in order to use the soundbar?  Or do I need to return my Arc/One’s and get a different sound system?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 October 2022, 07:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If the Epson does have an eARC (or, without expecting Atmos, an ARC) output on it, you certainly can connect a Sonos Arc to it.

The challenge will be getting a long enough cable to run between where the projector needs to be, at the rear, and where the Arc needs to be, under the screen. 

The source device , your Apple TV, has little to do with it. Any device feeding an HDMI signal to the projector should go through the projector’s ARC circuitry, and send whatever signal it is receiving back out via ARC/eARC.

Thanks for the quick response.  Here's the cable that I bought (projector is on backorder):

"Zeskit Maya 8K 48Gbps Certified Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable 23ft CL3 In Wall Rated, 4K120 8K60 eARC HDR HDCP 2.2 2.3 Compatible with Dolby Vision Apple TV 4K Roku Sony LG Samsung Xbox Series X PS4 PS5"

I know nothing about this kinda stuff, what should I be worried about losing by using this cable?  Does it not work at all or just possible loss of quality?

Despite appearances (minor humour here), I’m not an audio engineer, so I’m not 100% certain, but to my knowledge, it should work. HDMI (and ARC) are digital signals, so it should not be affected by attenuation with a loss in quality, it would either work, or not. If the distance is too long, you could possibly get interruptions in signal, but not a lower resolution in sound quality.