Connect Audio Technica Turntable to Sonos System

• 9 August 2018
  • 5 replies

I'm trying to connect my Audio Technica AT-LP60BK to play out of my Sonos system. The system is connected to my TV via the beam ARC HDMI connection. It looks like my TV only has open USB ports, as the optical ports are both "OUT".

Wondering if it is possible to connect the audio from my turntable's RCA to the USB IN on my TV? Effectively having my turntable play out of my TV and subsequently out of my Sonos...

Sounds like a stretch I know but really trying to avoid having to purchase another expensive Sonos unit just to get audio out of my $100 turntable.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

One bump for this.
Your question is about how to connect a turntable to a TV. This forum is a Sonos support forum. I'm not sure that there's going to be a rush of folks who have answers to this issue.

Once you've got it connected, we can help you with the Sonos aspect of it. I'm just not convinced that there's a lot of random knowledge here about taking a phono output and connecting it to a USB input on some unknown TV set.

If I were you, I'd be looking at a google search along the lines of "RCA to USB input adapter", or something along those lines.

Sorry that I don't have an easy way for you to do this. I can help you get the audio in to a Sonos CONNECT, or CONNECT: AMP using the RCA inputs on those devices, but I'm not well versed in random TV's USB inputs, and even if that is feasible.
Right. Thanks Bruce
ftammenspoon did you ever find a good solution? I am trying to figure out the same thing! Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hi

Here's an idea...click on the link and post your question: https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/turntables/05d6565ba8c45b0d/index.html#prPaContainer05d6565ba8c45b0d

Cheers!