Answered

can you adjust to improve dialog from an eARC TV? LG OLED 55 BX)

• 21 April 2021
  • 7 replies

I just bought an Arc and two Ones. I ran TruePlay and music is fantastic. TV dialog is hard to understand, I've tried several shows and movies.

Can I adjust at all? The TV controlled don't allow for HDMI output.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 21 April 2021, 02:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Open the Sonos app when playing your Arc with a video source and turn on Speech Enhancment.

I couldn't find this. I saw the recommendation to go into "Now playing" but there's no Speech Enhancement setting..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If your TV is on and you select the TV / ARC room you should see two icons in the center of the bar, a little crescent moon for night mode and a text bubble for speech enhancement.

If you open the room you should see the same two icons above the volume bar. Only in TV mode though.

Userlevel 7

Speech enhancement is the Square Dialog box in the circle lower right.

I’m confused by this: ‘The TV controlled don't allow for HDMI output.’ What does that mean? Is the Arc not connected via HDMI ARC? If not, how is it connected? 

For instance, if you’re using a Sonos adapter to get from an optical output to the HDMI ARC required by the Sonos Arc, there is the distinct possibility that the Arc is receiving only stereo, and as such, there would be no center channel. 

Speech enhancement is the Square Dialog box in the circle lower right.

Ah - finally! Thanks for this. It was not obvious to me the ‘chat’ icon represented dialog enhancement.

I’m confused by this: ‘The TV controlled don't allow for HDMI output.’ What does that mean? Is the Arc not connected via HDMI ARC? If not, how is it connected? 

For instance, if you’re using a Sonos adapter to get from an optical output to the HDMI ARC required by the Sonos Arc, there is the distinct possibility that the Arc is receiving only stereo, and as such, there would be no center channel. 

Sorry for my rushed post. What I meant was, I can’t adjust the audio characteristics via the TV once the output is HDMI eARC.

@AjTrek1 got me the answer I needed.