Answered

Can I use two Sonos Roam devices in a stereo pair as the output for the Apple TV?

• 20 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Right now I don’t have the budget for the surround sound setup for the Apple TV (2x one sl, 1x arc), so just wanting to see if I can just use two roam speakers that are mostly used for spotify, with the Apple TV and have correct stereo reproduction in movies watched on Apple TV.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 August 2021, 13:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Apple TV will output over Airplay2 to speaker devices and the Roam does support Airplay2, so the answer is ‘yes’, but you may find their is a slight delay to the audio-output and this can often cause an echo unless you mute the TV speakers. It occasionally creates lip-sync issues too.

To setup…Goto the Apple TV settings and choose "Video and Audio/Audio Output” and switch the ‘Temporary Audio Output’ to use the Stereo paired Roam speakers and then continue to use your Apple TV as normal.

See attached screenshots (‘voyager’ is a Roam stereo pair in screenshot).