Question

Cable tv blurry through Beam until unplugged and plugged backin

• 19 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a beam connected to a TCL tv through eARC. When I watch Cable tv (optical) the picture skips/blurs until I unplug the eARC cable from the beam and plug it back in. I have no issues watching Netflix using built in tv app or PS4 connected by HDMI. 

Thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Whyilaugh

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me share some information to help you out. 

The usual setup that works for your devices, your Sonos Beam should be connected to your TCL TV via HDMI ARC, and the HDMI-CEC is enabled.

Please follow the suggested troubleshooting steps to see if it will work for you to get audio.

1. Reboot your TCL TV and Sonos Beam
    • Unplug the HDMI cable from the Sonos Beam and the TCL TV. 
    • Unplug the power cable from your TCL TV, the Sonos Beam, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
    • Reconnect the HDMI cable directly to your TCL TV HDMI ARC port and the Sonos Beam. Inspect the HDMI cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
  2. Check TV software update (if available)
  3. Change the TV audio format (Dolby Digital 5.1, PCM i.e.)
  4. Use the digital optical audio output using the optical audio adapter (included with the Beam).

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run a diagnostic report. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.