Answered

Bose Cinemate II + Sonos Connect + Samsung TV?

• 22 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I just bought the Playbar+Sub+Play1s for a 5.1 setup in my living room. Super happy with it and excited to expand the system throughout my house.

I am going to set up an old 1080p Samsung 47” flatscreen in our master bedroom, and I am wondering if I can use my old Bose Cinemate II as the speakers for this TV — but also connect it into Sonos. So thinking how the Connect might come into play.

The TV has RCAs in for audio, and the audio outs are an optical out and what appears to be an analog mini jack (1/8”?). The Sonos connect obviously has RCAs in and out, as well as an optical out. And the Cinemate has RCA in, and optical in.

So my goal is to be able to listen to Sonos music on the Cinemate, but also watch TV on the Cinemate.

Would I have the optical out from the Connect go into the optical in of the Cinemate — and then use the mini out on the TV, buy a converter to RCA, and have that go into the Connect via the RCA in? Something else? Not possible?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by John B 22 March 2019, 11:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi. I would suggest sell the Bose and buy a Beam, provided TV has HDMI ARC or optical out.