Question

Blu ray players converting DTS to DD

• 26 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Checking what players work and which don't

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Can anybody tell me definitively if the blu ray player I am going to get will work with full Dolby 5.1, even when playing DTS blu rays.

I have the soundbar with two play 1's setup for the surround sound.

My TV unfortunately does not pass through Dolby digital so for now I am just hoping to go straight from the blu ray player to the sonos via the optical cable. I will upgrade to at a later date.

I am looking at getting the Samsung H6500.

As long as it converts DTS to Dolby digital 5.1 and sends it via the optical cable and not the hdmi I think I will be ok. Correct????
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can anybody tell me definitively if the blu ray player I am going to get will work with full Dolby 5.1, even when playing DTS blu rays.

I have the soundbar with two play 1's setup for the surround sound.

My TV unfortunately does not pass through Dolby digital so for now I am just hoping to go straight from the blu ray player to the sonos via the optical cable. I will upgrade to at a later date.

I am looking at getting the Samsung H6500.

As long as it converts DTS to Dolby digital 5.1 and sends it via the optical cable and not the hdmi I think I will be ok. Correct????

Hi chris1986,

It looks like the Samsung H6500 can transcode DTS to Dolby Digital on the fly. It's listed in our home theater megathread.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
As far as 4K players, the only one that has been confirmed to transcode to DD is another Samsung, the UBD-K8500.
The Sony UBP-X800 is another 4K player that is just coming out now. One of the posters here is getting one and is going to update us if it will do this also.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I've searched but can't confirm on here whether anyone has confirmed that the Sony UBP-X800 does infact convert DTS to 5.1 and output with playbase Hooked up to optical on tv and player connected to hdmi to the tv?
Has anyone confirmed if the song X800 can do DTS to Dolby on the fly?? My tv is Sony....