Answered

Benq Remote not pairing with Sonos Arc or Playbar

• 31 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have a BenQ x3000i projector connected to my Arc and I would like to control the volume using the remote.  However, it will not pair.  I have seen this issue on the forum previously, but the answer did not help.  Previously, The Arc will pair with my Firestick remote, but not the BenQ which is an IR remote.  So, I know that the Arc is capable of pairing through the projector, but not with this particular remote.  Any clues.  In the past, I have had no trouble pairing remotes, just this particular one.  Thank you for any help.

John

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 April 2023, 15:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JPeesh 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your BenQ projector has an eARC port, so I’m not entirely sure you need to program the remote at all - the projector should be passing any volume commands it gets from the remote via HDMI to the Arc, no configuration needed.

You may have to activate a HDMI-CEC setting in the projector’s menu, however:

from the BenQ x3000i user manual​​​​

If this doesn’t get the remote working with your Arc, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.