Answered

Beam vocals & system sounds distorted

• 17 July 2018
  • 3 replies

I haven't been able to complete tuning (too many people in my summer place!) but vocals and system chimes and beeps are distorting on my new Beam. Is this normal before tuning or might I have a bad speaker inside the unit?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 17 July 2018, 22:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
All of the sounds should be good before tuning. Trueplay adds that last 5% in my experience (all numbers are made up).

If it's sounding distorted, you might have a bad component. I'd suggest that you give us a call on our support line and a technician can confirm that and take a closer look at what you have going on there.
I had the same problem. Thought the tuning would change things. Spent hours on the phone with support. Just got a bad one out of the bunch. Most dialogue was so scratchy and music so bad I had to unplug it and revert back to the tv speakers. Sounds like something is loose inside or maybe a bad or cracked mid or tweeter. Shipping back and awaiting a new one. Very unhappy about having to ship back first and then wait for another. Customer shouldn’t be inconvenienced . Should send me one then I ship back mine. First time in my life I threw away the original box....who knew now I have to figure out how to package it properly and send back.
I had the same problem. Thought the tuning would change things. Spent hours on the phone with support. Just got a bad one out of the bunch. Most dialogue was so scratchy and music so bad I had to unplug it and revert back to the tv speakers. Sounds like something is loose inside or maybe a bad or cracked mid or tweeter. Shipping back and awaiting a new one. Very unhappy about having to ship back first and then wait for another. Customer shouldn’t be inconvenienced . Should send me one then I ship back mine. First time in my life I threw away the original box....who knew now I have to figure out how to package it properly and send back.

Had similar experience. Sound was terrible with certain songs and pitches. Spent ~ 1 hour on phone with support. Once I emailed them a video showing the sound, they quickly agreed the unit must have faulty internals. Sounded like it was the worst on the right side of the unit. On the bright side, they sent me a replacement within a day and so far the sound is excellent (no distortion).

Posting this in case it's helpful for others. Bit of an annoying experience but now that we have a properly functioning Beam we're really happy with it.