Answered

Beam & TV Volume

• 23 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have a beam & a couple of play:1’s running of a Hisense TV & its great, but watching TV especially catch up, I have to turn it up to 20+.

Netflix would be about 8-10 maybe.

Any ideas? I have done the unplug & turn everything off & reconnect.

My app said Stereo PCM 2.0 for the beam at the time

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 24 November 2020, 23:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ChromeDome.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

Have you tried to change the audio format on the TV, if it is outputting PCM, try to set it to Dolby?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Badge

Hi @ChromeDome.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

Have you tried to change the audio format on the TV, if it is outputting PCM, try to set it to Dolby?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I changed my TV sound settings to Dolby & it seems to have improved the sound volume issue.

Regards 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ChromeDome.

Thanks for your response and for sharing with us the good news.

It’s nice to know that the volume seems to improve now,  please observe and hopefully, the issue will not persist.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Cheers!