Answered

Autoplay TV and ungroup only if there isn't a song/media playing?

Badge

I use an Arc as my TV sound system, but fairly often when playing games I’ll play a podcast over the Sonos system using either PocketCasts or AirPlay.

There’s a problem where the Arc’s “Autoplay TV” setting is too aggressive, especially when playing games. Sometimes just going in to a menu in game will cause the Arc to switch from my podcast to the game audio. 

Is there any way of having Sonos only switch to TV audio when there isn’t any other media playing?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 May 2022, 11:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jesalr 

Thanks for your post, and, from the tags you used, your implied feature request.

Unless your games console has a mute feature (seems unlikely, but I don’t know), I don’t think you could achieve this in any way other than temporarily/permanently disabling Autoplay TV in the Sonos app. If you were to permanently disable it, you’d need to use a voice command “Switch to TV” or use the app to listen to TV audio.

If you’re playing games on a PC connected to your TV like I am, muting the PC is definitely the way to go.

I have marked this thread as being a feature request - only play Autoplay TV when no other source is playing (as a togglable option).

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hi @jesalr 

Thanks for your post, and, from the tags you used, your implied feature request.

Unless your games console has a mute feature (seems unlikely, but I don’t know), I don’t think you could achieve this in any way other than temporarily/permanently disabling Autoplay TV in the Sonos app. If you were to permanently disable it, you’d need to use a voice command “Switch to TV” or use the app to listen to TV audio.

If you’re playing games on a PC connected to your TV like I am, muting the PC is definitely the way to go.

I have marked this thread as being a feature request - only play Autoplay TV when no other source is playing (as a togglable option).

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry,

I’ll see if there’s a way to mute from the PS5 or Xbox in the meantime