Answered

AUDIO PROBLEMS FROM ARC

• 10 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Just bought a full home theater system (Arc, Sub, One sl), very excited for it to arrive, well just got it, installed it, working fine for music.  Got it connected to my Sony oled 55-a8f.  Connected it directly to arc input (the configuration was very dificult, (arc kept saying that another device was interfering with arc system and couldn’t get it to work from TV.  Tried disconnecting all devices from TV and connected just the arc, that worked.  Connected everything back and everything was working fine until I turned off the TV, once I turned it back on Arc got disconnected from TV.  Had to configure it again(remove all devices connected) and reconnect Arc.  Same thing keeps repeating.  I researched online and found out that I am not the only one, tried connecting with the optical adapter and everything seems to work fine now but what about Dolby Atmos??  This was the reason for me to buy this system in the first place.  Is there any update or anything that can be done so that I can connect it directly to HDMI-Arc without it being disconnected every time I turn off the TV?, and have my Dolby Atmos feature!!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 December 2020, 03:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Is HDMI-CEC enabled on the TV? What happens if you disable it?

None of us can help you on tbe Atmos front without knowing what sources you are playing using what devices, in what audio format etc. Please would you elaborate?

It depends on a lot more than the Arc.

Thanks for answering John, the CEC function is enabled, I will have to try connecting it again to the hDMI-ARC input to see if it works and try disabling and enabling.  I’ll keep it posted!  Thanks again

Userlevel 7

Just bought a full home theater system (Arc, Sub, One sl), very excited for it to arrive, well just got it, installed it, working fine for music.  Got it connected to my Sony oled 55-a8f.  Connected it directly to arc input (the configuration was very dificult, (arc kept saying that another device was interfering with arc system and couldn’t get it to work from TV.  Tried disconnecting all devices from TV and connected just the arc, that worked.  Connected everything back and everything was working fine until I turned off the TV, once I turned it back on Arc got disconnected from TV.  Had to configure it again(remove all devices connected) and reconnect Arc.  Same thing keeps repeating.  I researched online and found out that I am not the only one, tried connecting with the optical adapter and everything seems to work fine now but what about Dolby Atmos??  This was the reason for me to buy this system in the first place.  Is there any update or anything that can be done so that I can connect it directly to HDMI-Arc without it being disconnected every time I turn off the TV?, and have my Dolby Atmos feature!!

Unfortunately your TV isn’t equipped with HDMI eARC so you probably cannot play Dolby Atmos audio through your Sonos Arc unless you purchase a new TV or the HD Fury Arcana.