Answered

audio format

• 25 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all , can I just ask which of these formats is best , you folk will know I'm sure ! Multi channel pcm 5.1 is with eARC on and DD + 5.1 is with ARC on , both using Amazon Prime, thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 June 2022, 18:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Which sounds better to you? 

Userlevel 7

How exactly are you watching Prime Video? From an external media device or from your TV’s native Prime Video app? What model TV do you have?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

How exactly are you watching Prime Video? From an external media device or from your TV’s native Prime Video app? What model TV do you have?

Hi , I'm watching it from the TV's app , it's a Samsung AU9000 TV , thanks 

Userlevel 7

Dolby Digital Plus is the audio format that Prime Video uses. So “Dolby Digital Plus 5.1” is the audio format you want to see displayed in the Sonos app. If you see “Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1”, your TV is probably doing some sort of audio conversion.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Dolby Digital Plus is the audio format that Prime Video uses. So “Dolby Digital Plus 5.1” is the audio format you want to see displayed in the Sonos app. If you see “Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1”, your TV is probably doing some sort of audio conversion.

Gotcha , better to stay with what's being produced then , thanks