Audio Dropouts on Arc on XBox Series X connected to Panasonic TX-65JZ1500

• 10 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone,

I have an Xbox SX, a Panasonic TX-65JZ1500 TV and a Sonos Arc home theater (Arc + Sub + One x2). I encounter a problem with this configuration when I want to run a game at 120 Hz and in Dolby Atmos.

In this configuration, the sound skips regularly and sizzles, while I have no sound problem when I set the console to 60 Hz. Or else I have to sacrifice the sound part (use the PCM for example) to keep the 120 Hz.

It's extremely frustrating. Do you have any advice for me on how to enjoy my games without sacrificing sound or display frequency ?

6 replies

Perhaps give some thought to bypassing the TV altogether for the audio, particularly if it has difficulty ‘passing-through’ the audio ..and use an audio extractor/splitter instead, like the HDFury Arcana or Feintech VAX04101A to see if that ‘might’ resolve your issue.

Perhaps give some thought to bypassing the TV altogether for the audio, particularly if it has difficulty ‘passing-through’ the audio ..and use an audio extractor/splitter instead, like the HDFury Arcana or Feintech VAX04101A to see if that ‘might’ resolve your issue.

Unfortunately these devices are not able to support a 4K image at 120 Hz.

Unfortunately these devices are not able to support a 4K image at 120 Hz.

Ah okay, sorry it didn’t assist.👍

No, no worries, it's nice to have tried to find a solution ! Anyone else have an idea ?

Obviously, pending an update, the only available solution at the moment is that one : https://hdfury.com/product/8k-vrroom-40gbps/  

$549 :sob:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello everyone,

I have an Xbox SX, a Panasonic TX-65JZ1500 TV and a Sonos Arc home theater (Arc + Sub + One x2). I encounter a problem with this configuration when I want to run a game at 120 Hz and in Dolby Atmos.

In this configuration, the sound skips regularly and sizzles, while I have no sound problem when I set the console to 60 Hz. Or else I have to sacrifice the sound part (use the PCM for example) to keep the 120 Hz.

It's extremely frustrating. Do you have any advice for me on how to enjoy my games without sacrificing sound or display frequency ?

Did you manage to sort this in the end?  It says on Dolbys website that its an Xbox issue.  Its pretty frustrating that we buy all this lovely expensive equipment and doesn't work properly.