Atmos with Chromecast with Google TV.

• 6 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Now with the newly released Chromecast with Google TV I can get  Dolby Atmos.  So far I've tested with Netflix and Amazon Prime.  For some reason I couldn't get the to work on Disney+ even though the shows had the Atmos badge.  

Thought I'd spread the word for this that may be wondering.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ravica3.

Thanks for reaching out and for bringing this up to our attention. This is quite odd, but let me help and try to see what’s going on.

To better understand, if not Dolby Atmos, what audio signal are you getting on Disney+ plus instead?

Using the Sonos app, navigate to Settings > System > About my System > Sonos System Info >  Audio In to check which audio codec type the HT product is receiving.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the specific content is playing, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help us in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello Annazel S.

Thanks for your reply.

While watching Avengers Endgame which Disney claims has Atmos, my system is playing in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1.

The Diagnostic Code is 1808145461.

Honestly I'm not so sure this is a Sonos issues. A quick Google search will show that many many people are having this issue not just Sonos users.  Some even saying that Disney shut down Atmos.  I did not look into to much since Atmos is working with Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ravica3.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic.

I see what you mean, I did some searches as well to see if there are other users experiencing the same and this seems to be an ongoing issue. 

You may refer to this relevant thread for more details:

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/disney-plus-and-no-5-1-6839035

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.