Answered

Atmos Surrounds Possibility?

• 24 December 2020
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I know Sonos does not release any of it's future plans but I'm just wondering about future speakers.

Does any suspect or think Sonos may offer Atmos enabled rear surround speakers. I see quite a few brands have Atmos sound bars plus Atmos Surrounds.

I'm adding more Sonos speakers to my home but If rather just move my current Sonos One's that are currently surrounds to other locations in my home if there is any hope of new surrounds coming.  Do I want to play the waiting game or take chance and purchase new speakers now 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 December 2020, 18:52

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7

I'm hoping they pull their finger out now and release Atmos rear speakers or some sort of 360 sound speaker.  Managed to get a demo in of Sony's new HT-A9 system which only uses 4 speakers but absolutely pisses all over Sonos in terms of creating a sound bubble. Had I not had invested in my current gear, I would have bought that instead. 

I’ve read great things about the Sony system. But the Sony system, bundled with the subwoofer, is $2,300. The Arc/Sub/One SL setup was about $1,900 (before the latest price increases).

I’m sure you could sell your Sonos Arc setup and make most of your money back, especially while inventory is so low and prices have increased.

I'm hoping they pull their finger out now and release Atmos rear speakers or some sort of 360 sound speaker.  Managed to get a demo in of Sony's new HT-A9 system which only uses 4 speakers but absolutely pisses all over Sonos in terms of creating a sound bubble. Had I not had invested in my current gear, I would have bought that instead. 

I’m tossing up giving the HT-A9 a go - I’m really after a better front soundstage than my Arc 5.1 setup can give (even with Atmos content).  Love the soundstage the Amp and separate speakers gives me, but then lose out on Atmos…. Would like to stay within the Sonos ecosystem, but that would really need for me to see separate front LCR support and improved Atmos options (eg upfiring rears) in the one package.

I still might buy it, even though the reviews aren’t as good. And the Sonos has had very reliable connectivity for me 

Userlevel 1

come on sonos, stop making cheaper models of the soundbar! Make your arc surround set up the best!

Get the atmos surround speakers out into the market. 

Userlevel 1

come on sonos, stop making cheaper models of the soundbar! Make your arc surround set up the best!

Get the atmos surround speakers out into the market. 

+1

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

+1 for this, also tempted to jump ship and go for the Sony. Heard this the other day and the sound bubble is great compared to my Sonos Arc,sub and ones.