Arc, sub and ones settings

• 30 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

What are the best settings please for the arc, sub and 2 x one's in a relatively small room?

The left rear one is closer to the sofa than the right one.  I have been struggling with voices being low and action noises too loud, seem to be getting better the more the arc is used strangely.  Current settings are:

Eq bass 0

Eq treble -2

Loud, nightmode, speech enhancement off

Surround audio TV +3

Music +3

Music playback full

Left surround less than 2 ft

Right surround 2 to feet

Sub -6

Volume limit off

I did try trueplay but found it actually made everything much worse so turned it off.

Any further suggestions? I have only just added the 2 x one's so still tweaking things.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Each room is different and we may each hear different things. I would just go with what you personally prefer and what sounds best to you at the place where you usually sit/listen to the audio.

Userlevel 7

If you are struggling with action scenes overpowering dialogue, I would suggest turning Night Sound ON. This will lower the dynamic range of the sound.

Also try lowering your surround levels for TV. You don’t want your surrounds to be louder than the audio coming from the Arc.