Arc Shipping Delay

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Anybody else in the UK not getting their ARC today despite preordering last month? Just been informed that there was issue with shipment last night of the products so not getting it today... absolute joke. Would have been better off not pre-ordering direct from Sonos and buying from elsewhere today

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

50 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve had a reply to my email asking what was going on which informed me that my order was delivered on the 10th, giving me a link to the DHL address proving so and wishing me many hours of entertainment with my new product.

So, any suggestions how I can entertain myself for many hours with the wall mount? 

Isn’t that obvious? You hang a dart board from it! 

I followed up with Sonos this afternoon - I’ve been told my order is awaiting despatch, although the Order page shows as “processing” still.  I decided to dig a bit deeper and asked how long it has been in that status for? since 10th June.  so, no change since they took payment, and no explanation except for “there’s a backlog”.  I dont understand why this hasnt been escalated as a serious customer service issue, with a communications strategy and plan for resolution,  The most info I could extract from my call was that the backlog should be delivered next week, ie at any point in the next 7 to 10 days.  

I tweeted CEO Patrick Spence with a link to this thread..he’s “on it” :-) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I emailed him on the link on his website and received this reply:

Hello Mark,

I have received your letter from Patrick requesting to provide you with an insight into the current delivery situation.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Stan Buhrman and I am responsible for our International eCommerce Experience Team.  Thank you for your time and patience regarding the current situation. Your goods have indeed not left the warehouse as yet.

I do like to sincerely apologise for the delay. This was due to unforeseen circumstances in form of a delay in a shipment of units from our manufacturing site, for which we had no control over and which were all planned for shipments on June 10th. This had an explosive knock-on effect for all existing orders and our warehouse team is still dealing with a backlog. Unfortunately your order is amongst those delayed. 

We are in constant communication with our logistics department and rely heavily on updates of shipments.  I was informed that emails went out to those customers affected by the delay, and I believe you were amongst those. 

You will receive tracking information via email, once your order has left the warehouse. But for the sake of transparency, I do not even have an ETA for you and ask you kindly for a little bit more patience.  

Once again, my sincere apology, we will do our very best to conquer this backlog of shipments together with our delivery partner DHL Express

Actually saw your tweet which made me find this thread, I'm also one of the lucky ones who's had nothing progress on their order since making it.. I did call yesterday and had a lovely chat with a really nice customer service rep but they couldn't give me any more info aside from your card should be charged and shipping started today of tomorrow, obviously this hasn't happened and it was clear they had no way of communicating with the warehouse and they mentioned they were waiting for their manager even to receive an update on what's going on,  so the comments about constant communication with logistics make me roll my eyes.

It frustrates me as I didn't even receive one of these so called delay emails, infact post my order email that says to be delivered "BY 10th June" I've had nothing the £1 they had put on my card has since reversed and It feels like my order is stuck in limbo.

For the record outstanding order is a White Arc.

Badge

I emailed him on the link on his website and received this reply:

Hello Mark,

I have received your letter from Patrick requesting to provide you with an insight into the current delivery situation.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Stan Buhrman and I am responsible for our International eCommerce Experience Team.  Thank you for your time and patience regarding the current situation. Your goods have indeed not left the warehouse as yet.

I do like to sincerely apologise for the delay. This was due to unforeseen circumstances in form of a delay in a shipment of units from our manufacturing site, for which we had no control over and which were all planned for shipments on June 10th. This had an explosive knock-on effect for all existing orders and our warehouse team is still dealing with a backlog. Unfortunately your order is amongst those delayed. 

We are in constant communication with our logistics department and rely heavily on updates of shipments.  I was informed that emails went out to those customers affected by the delay, and I believe you were amongst those. 

You will receive tracking information via email, once your order has left the warehouse. But for the sake of transparency, I do not even have an ETA for you and ask you kindly for a little bit more patience.  

Once again, my sincere apology, we will do our very best to conquer this backlog of shipments together with our delivery partner DHL Express

I got the exact same copy/paste response. Seems like they’ve had some serious issues with the launch, but at least this answer is transparent about the problems, and is setting the right expectation, unlike the customer service reps who have clearly not been given much info as they are all sharing different messages.

I live in hope that it gets shipped out next week. If it wasn’t for the 30% trade in, I would have cancelled and purchased at Curry’s.

Userlevel 1

I got the same response, but I got a special extra after suggesting I may cancel the order if they can’t forecast delivery time (I have wall set up ready to mount etc.)

”Please do let me know if you would like for me to go ahead with your decision, or if you would like to exercise a little bit more patience in this matter.”

Needless to say the order has been cancelled. 

Badge

Terrible launch of new products by Sonos:

• Like others my pre-order email confirmation said that I should expect the Arc on June 10
  • Then I got an email from Sonos saying that it had shipped and that I would receive it on the 12th
  • Today is Saturday the 13th of June and I still don’t have the Arc that I pre-ordered on 5/13/20

😒

Shipping details received! Delivery due tomorrow. Huzzah!

Badge

Hi did anyone received any update on there order? Mine still stuck on backorder. I hope it will be here by 19/6 as mentioned on confirmation email. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi did anyone received any update on there order? Mine still stuck on backorder. I hope it will be here by 19/6 as mentioned on confirmation email. 

Nope still nothing for me, ordered June 1st with delivery expected June 10th, and absolutely nothing changing on my order- getting pretty disheartening now and considering just cancelling my order and going with another brand of speaker. 

Badge

Thats very strange as its available to pick up at different retailers here but online preorders still not full filled. I think Sonos was no expecting that many preorders hence ran out of stock. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

same as me, I'm gonna give them till 19/6 but if it's not here or at least on the way I'm gonna cancel and buy something else 

hi Bilal, mine is arriving today. I received DHL confirmation on Saturday and updates today.  I also had a call from Sonos today with an apology, so I’m back to being an excited customer again!

Hope all gets resolved for you soon

Cheers
Iain

Userlevel 1
Badge

hi Bilal, mine is arriving today. I received DHL confirmation on Saturday and updates today.  I also had a call from Sonos today with an apology, so I’m back to being an excited customer again!

Hope all gets resolved for you soon

Cheers
Iain

Out of interest what’s in your order and when did you place? Edit sorry just found that info in your earlier post. 

Badge

same as me, I'm gonna give them till 19/6 but if it's not here or at least on the way I'm gonna cancel and buy something else 

Thats what I’m thinking as currently Q90R is available for €1149 around same what I paid for Arc + pair of One sl. 

They have been shocking. Ordered 2 x Fives on 9th June. Told shipping was 10th. Nothing.  Then looked and it says 24 JULY!!!  Got hold of Partick Spence who sent me to the US Sales Director, Nathan Strong who gave me the same bull you all had above.

I am annoyed of course but also I used TWO trade up credits when I could have used one on a pair.  Never saw that on the trade up page.  

They have not offered me a penny over the 30 percent off either and denied they ever do which I firmly believe is what the kids call “neck”

Absolutely abysmal. Still no charge, dispatch, etc despite order on 13th May. Loads of others, including curry’s, got them. Huge queue at customer services who clearly only have one guy working.

1/10 for customer experience. How can it possibly be that difficult to ship orders in the order they were received.

I posted this in another thread.  I’m about done with Sonos and am happy to spread the word about miserable customer support experience.. so more than happy to copy and paste this all over the place.

…..

Sonos must be a hot mess right now.  I pre-ordered an ARC Home Theater back in May (17th) with a quoted delivery date of June 15th.  Got a confirmation email the day I ordered and that was the last time I heard from anyone at Sonos.  I can still log in and see them ‘processing’ my order.

Never received a shipping confirmation, never received the $2,000 worth of equipment I ordered.

Emailed support.  No response.

Used Sonos chat only to be told I needed to call sales.

Called, waiting on hold for an hour only to be told there was a billing issue with the card I gave them.  Easy enough to fix, right?  Just give them updated card information and away we go.  NOPE!!!  Sales can’t do that. 

Sonos solution?  Cancel the order and re-order for a delivery sometime in JUNE OR AUGUST!  I asked to speak to a manager.  The manager was in a meeting and said they can give me a 10% for the inconvenience.

How the hell is that supposed to make things right?  I have an entire room renovation going on and am waiting to received the units to run in wall wiring.

I asked for the manger’s email information and sent him details of my case.  (Doubt I’ll ever hear back from him either).

It just seems that no one in Sonos customer service gives a rip.

So good luck! You’ll need it.

BTW if anyone from Sonos reads this and actually cares to do something, feel free to contact me.

At this point, I’m so perturbed I’m really close to just saying nevermind, selling off all my other Sonos speakers and buying Bose.

….so good luck buddy!!!

Hi I’m from Canada.. ordered the arc over a month ago and still not here.. Sonos customer support is helpless or clueless.. why on earth did they launch a product without being able to deliver.. extremely frustrating 

I see the expected shipping date on the website has pushed back to the 21st of Aug this morning.  This is quite frustrating. I ordered my arc over a month ago now through a 3rd party and they are getting very little concrete information from Sonos too. Really poor from a company I've come to trust and recommend over the years. A bit of transparency wouldn't go a miss, why such a long delay? Why has there been no social media updates on what's happening. For £800 I expect at the very least to know an expected arrival date.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Well maybe they don’t produce them untill the problems are fixed…? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Well maybe they don’t produce them untill the problems are fixed…? 

I think this is the most likely scenario here.

I doubt the product would have been launched if Sonos weren't confident they had adequate supplies to fulfill orders when there was no need for them to, especially considering how long ago Playbar was released.

Something is most definitely up with this product I fear.

I had Ordered an ARC and 2 AMP’s back in July it’s now Nov 24th, 2020 I still have not yet received my equipment. Not Happy At All - Not sure what’s going on. I think I need to find a different sound system….

So Frustrating to pay for top dollar stuff and to receive such terrible customer service.

I guess CEO Patrick Spence is not on it….

They charge me on full order and says it is shipped but i got only part of the order and the other two items it is showing Ready To Go, but not picked up by FedEX. It shows one day to deliver when this is same status from last 5 days. I don’t know what is going on, i chatted with customer service representation and told me that i will get eMail response from Sales department, but nothing so far and told me the fastest way to get resolution is to call, when i called them, it gives some pre-recorded message and then hangs up the phone…...WOW it this is the customer service for $1800 product, i wish i would have researched more before make a online order. 

They charge me on full order and says it is shipped but i got only part of the order and the other two items it is showing Ready To Go, but not picked up by FedEX. It shows one day to deliver when this is same status from last 5 days. I don’t know what is going on, i chatted with customer service representation and told me that i will get eMail response from Sales department, but nothing so far and told me the fastest way to get resolution is to call, when i called them, it gives some pre-recorded message and then hangs up the phone…...WOW it this is the customer service for $1800 product, i wish i would have researched more before make a online order. 

What did you order… it looks like there is a backorder on the ARC and AMP’s till FEB 26th 2021 just FYI…