Answered

ARC - PS5 - 4KUHD - LGCX - DolbyAtmos

• 26 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Problem - My Sonos app says I’m getting Stereo PMC audio only. It also sounds like that. 

Set up - LG CX (eArc) - Sonos Arc (part of a full 5.1 setup) - PS5 playing 4K UHD disc (Bladerunner 2049)

Expectation - Thought I should be getting Dolby 7.1 audio output. Any ideas why the app say PMC?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 November 2021, 06:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

I don’t own a PS5 but I’d suggest that you look for a setting in the PS5 sound output that reads as “Bitstream”. Also make sure in the sound menu of the LG that audio is set to “pass-through”. Hopefully someone with a PS5 will comment on this as well.

Userlevel 1

I don’t own a PS5 but I’d suggest that you look for a setting in the PS5 sound output that reads as “Bitstream”. Also make sure in the sound menu of the LG that audio is set to “pass-through”. Hopefully someone with a PS5 will comment on this as well.

Thanks man. I’ve managed to get it to PCM 7.1 now which is a massive improvement. Still can’t figure out why it won’t give me Dolby Atmos 7.1 🤔

Userlevel 7

Make sure your TV settings are set to this:

Digital Sound Out: Pass-through

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

eARC: On

And the PS5 settings are set to this:

Audio Format (Priority): Bitstream (Dolby)

Also, press the Options button on the PS5 joystick while playing the disc, then click the ‘three dots’ icon and choose the Bitstream option under Audio Format.

Userlevel 1

Also, press the Options button on the PS5 joystick while playing the disc, then click the ‘three dots’ icon and choose the Bitstream option under Audio Format.

Will give this a shot also 

Userlevel 1

Will give this a shot also 

Thanks man. That worked perfectly 🙏👍