Question

Arc mounting questions

• 6 June 2020
  • 3 replies

My tv is not quite flush with the wall perhaps due to the mount itself which is a Kanto FMX3. The tv is an LG 65CX OLED. It is mounted fairly high on the wall over a gas-only (non wood burning) fireplace. The tv is slightly tilted down because it is mounted high on the wall. With the current tv mount, the bottom of the tv is approximately 8” or more from the wall. If I wall mount the Arc, the top firing speakers will look up at the back side of the tv and the tv mount. This seems far from ideal for Atmos playback. This is also assuming Arc needs to be “in front” of the tv so the top firing speakers can bounce sound off the ceiling.

I currently have a Playbar but was really excited to get Atmos. Will I need to cancel my Arc preorder or should I look at different ways to mount my tv? I am willing to sacrifice a swivel function to get the tv closer to the wall because I highly doubt I’ll need that but tilt is a must due to the mounting height.

Any other issues I should be aware of to successfully enjoy Arc?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @mrakamai,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your Arc question.

Speaker placement tends to be very subjective especially with home theater sound. 

In this case we might want a picture of your set-up so that we can better visualize your TV placement and advise you on mounting your Sonos Arc. 

Hi Jean,

Sorry, I took a while to get some photos. Here you go. My wife thinks it’s already too high on the wall so I don’t think it’s going up. It does need to be centered a little more but other than that, it’s where it will be for the foreseeable future. Also, placing Arc on the mantle is not allowed. That can is roughly 12 inches tall for scale.

As you can see from the photos, I don’t think there’s much room below the TV for Arc to perform to its maximum potential. Based on what you see, what’s your take on this? Should I return Arc and the mount?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @mrakamai,

That’s some clean glass!

It does look like you have enough room to mount the Arc underneath the TV but above the mantle-place. Since you can always return the Arc if its not working out for you, I would definitely try it first and see how it sounds. In the end, your ears are going to be the judge on how this works out for you.

I would be sure to do the Trueplay tuning process, and then road test it for a week or so and see if it’s performing as you’d like.