Answered

Arc and sloping ceiling

• 26 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

So, I’ve ripped out my very dated entertainment center builtin and and rebuilding it.  I’m strongly considering an Arc/Sub/Surrounds solution for cleanliness, and frankly, the cost is appealing.  However, I have an 18ft steeply angled ceiling.  Can Trueplay compensate for this?  My other option is to stick with an AVR receiver and install pendant speakers so I can normalize the height of left and right.

Anyone using an Arc with angled ceilings?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 March 2021, 12:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @airforceteacher 

Thanks for your post.

For the vertical component, the Sonos Arc needs to bounce the sound from it’s upwards-firing speakers off your ceiling and back at you. If it’s not able to do this, no amount of TruePlay tuning with overcome the physics of the situation. Here are a couple of relevant posts for you to have a read of:

Saying that, I’m sure the Arc will sound great, especially with a Sub and Surrounds, but you won’t get the vertical effect as well as others, if at all.