Answered

Apple TV 4K - Projector - Sonos Beam -- Atmos earc

• 19 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

Im looking to get a confirmation on a setup id like to have.

I have at the moment:

• Apple TV 4K (atmos / eARC HDMI)
  • Videoprojector 4K (eARC HDMI)

Thingking of getting

• Beam gen2 (atmos / eARC)

The thing is i want to make sure that i will get the atmos sound with the 3 setup together.

Im not sure how to connect everything, i know that i will have to use HDMI as atmos doesnt work with airplay wihtout homepod.

So the connection that i thought of is as follow:

• Plugging the Apple TV to the videoprojector via the regular HDMI port for the video
  • Plugging an other HDMI cable from the Apple TV eARC plug to the Sonos Beam (eARC)

Will this setup allow me to have the atmos sound ?

Thanks for the answers.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 November 2022, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The Beam needs to be connected to the projector’s HDMI ARC/eARC port. The Apple TV only has one HDMI port and it needs to connect to one of the projector’s other HDMI ports.

The Beam needs to be connected to the projector’s HDMI ARC/eARC port. The Apple TV only has one HDMI port and it needs to connect to one of the projector’s other HDMI ports.

Ahh ok, god how i got that wrong ? Yes Apple TV only has one HDMI …

Awesome ! thanks for the quick reply.

For what it’s worth, the Apple TV does not have ARC/eARC built in, it serves a standard HDMI signal to the projector (or TV). It’s the circuitry in the receiving device ( projector/TV) that turns that standard HDMI signal into a reflected ARC or eARC signal.