Answered

Amazon Video on LG C8 - No 5.1

• 18 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I added a couple of Sonos Ones (Gen 1 and SL) to my Beam (Gen 1) today for surround sound with my LG C8 OLED. The Beam is connected via Arc. Built in TV’s apps only. 

It’s working great for most things, some movies on Netflix sounded fantastic. Tried some demos on YouTube that were good to. But it doesn’t work with Amazon Video, even though the videos I tried all state they are 5.1 in the info and Sonos app report it as being 5.1. Nothing at all from the rear L/R Ones, just the Beam.  

Any known issues with Amazon video or this TV? Anything I can try? Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 January 2022, 23:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

If the Sonos app is displaying “Dolby Digital 5.1”, that is the audio that is playing out of the Beam/Ones setup.

Keep in mind that with a 5.1 audio track, the sound coming from the surrounds will primarily be the musical score, sound effects that are behind you, or ambient sounds. You won’t always hear audio from the surrounds especially during quiet scenes. Find an action film in 5.1 on Prime Video to test.

You can also adjust the Surround Audio level higher in the Sonos app.

FYI… YouTube videos are all in stereo. So when you play a YouTube video, the Sonos app will display “Stereo PCM” unless you are watching YouTube TV which supports 5.1 audio.