Question

Amazon Fire Stick TV with Sonos Amp?

• 15 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I have an Amazon Fire TV stick connected to a projector (no TV), and a Sonos amp. Is it possible to connect the Fire TV stick audio to the amp, play on the speaker? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @K2020.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! 

I regret to say that it’s NOT possible because Sonos Amp is not a voice-enabled component and  to control Fire TV with Sonos you’ll need the following:

• A voice-enabled Sonos speaker
  • An Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube
  • The Alexa app

You may refer to this article, Setting up Amazon Fire TV with Sonos for more information.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Not sure Sonos staffer is understanding the question.

@K2020 yes, you can get audio from your fireTV stick to play on a Sonos Amp, but you will need two additional device.  The fireTV stick will connect to a HDMI to optical extractor like this.  The HDMI output goes to your TV and the optical audio output goes to Sonos optical audio adapter, which then goes to HDMI cable to the HDMI-ARC port on the Amp.  I bit complicated, but that’s how it can be done.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @melvimbe, thanks for looking into this and for your input.

My apologies if I may have missed something here and I appreciate your help shedding some light in rectifying it.

Hi @K2020.

I apologize for I may not able to clarify that the suggestion I have posted above is recommended when the Fire TV stick is connected to a TV.

Apparently, your ‘Fire TV stick is connected to a projector (no TV)’, that said, some projectors may be compatible if they support HDMI ARC, eARC, or Optical.

While all of our home theater products were designed to be used with TVs, there can be various workarounds available that depends on your specific setup. 

I’m glad that we already got a radiant suggestion from @melvimbe that you can contemplate.

Let us know how it goes, we’re always here to help.